Current Status: -posted

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Muncy Trailer Restoration


Well I've recently taken on a big project -- the restoration of my grandfather's old rental trailer. For many years my grandfather, Paul H. Muncy was the owner and founder of Muncy Trailer Rental located on Stratford Road in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Grandpa rented trailers to folks all over the Piedmont Triad area. As such, a lot of people from his generation remember his old Muncy rental trailers which displayed the Muncy name so prominently. And since they were rental trailers, I'm sure a lot of people outside this area may remember them as well.

After retirement, Paul Muncy stored on his property the trailer you see here as well as several other old Muncy trailers. After 20 years, this trailer was in the best shape of all of the remaining trailers. After my Grandpa's passing recently, this trailer has been handed down to me.

Because of the significance of the Muncy business and its ties with Grandpa, this trailer holds a bit of sentimental value to me. So I've taken it upon myself to restore this little trailer -- to make it better than new. I have plans beyond this which I'd like to keep everyone abreast of, so I'm finally using this blog. I'll also be posting my progress as I go.

I'm restoring the trailer with the help of my good buddy, Justin Cline. I couldn't do it without him. Enjoy the photos and video clips!!

Photos and videos of the restoration

No comments: