Current Status: -posted

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trailer Progress

Well this weekend we made some more progress on the old Muncy trailer. The weather in NC has been quite scorching lately, so we've had to work on the trailer a lot at night. Justin and I went by Walmart and bought some work lights (since my brother stole my other work lights), so that we could work at night. Sunday we started working at about 9pm after a hearty meal at the fabulous Dairi-o and worked until about 3:30 in the morning.

We made a lot of progress! In those few hours we were able to strip more of the paint off of the rear of the trailer, strip and prime the wheels, and spray rubberized undercoating on the bottom of the trailer.

The bottom was quite the trick. We actually had to tilt the trailer up by the tongue so that it was sitting on its tailgate. So far we've used up three cans of undercoating on the bottom, and I would probably like to do one more coat just to be sure. We've been through around 6 cans or so of primer on the trailer total, and we still need more.

I've actually done a Photoshop rendering on my computer of what the trailer will look like (hopefully) when we're finished. I would post it online, but I don't want to spoil the surprise just yet. Keep on watching my blog and photos page to see more!

Click here to see the rest of the trailer photos.

No comments: