Current Status: -posted

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Outside Primer Done!

Well its been a fantastic Saturday to work on the trailer! The trailer has been sitting up at Justin's house for about a week or so. The rear portion of the trailer which we had sanded but not yet sprayed with primer had started to get quite rusty just from sitting in the morning dew and day-to-day humidity. So I decided that today I would work on finishing the outside.

Thanks to Grandma (Connie Muncy), today I got to work in a nice, cool basement! What a luxury! If you've ever worked on a trailer in the scorching sun, you would know what I'm talking about. It was just plain fun to work on today.

So the outside primering work is now done with the exception of the corners on the very back and of course the inside. I'm not sure yet exactly how I'm going to finish the inside. I've got my choices. One is Rhino liner. Sprayed professionally, this is about $400. It makes for a really nice protective coating, and you can even get colored Rhino liner to match the paint. But I don't have $400 to spend on this. The other option is to get a do-it-myself kit and roll on my own coating. Perhaps I can get a white coating and then mix in some color (the trailer will be 'Coca-Cola Yellow'). We'll see. Plenty to do until then! Until next time...

No comments: